Download PDF Packet
Finance Committee Agenda
Tuesday, February 28, 2023
Executive Conference Room
Mayor Marty Simonoff and Council Member Steven Vargas
Council Member Cecilia Hupp
This agenda contains a brief general description of each item the Committee will consider. The Administrative Services Department has on file copies of written documentation relating to each item of business on this Agenda available for public inspection. Contact the Administrative Services Department Office at (714) 990-7676 or view the Agenda and related materials on the City’s website at
. Materials related to an item on this agenda submitted to the Committee after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection in the Administrative Services Department's Office at 1 Civic Center Circle, Brea, CA during normal business hours. Such documents may also be available on the City’s website subject to staff’s ability to post documents before the meeting.
Procedures for Addressing the Committee
Members of the public may offer comment in advance or attend the Finance Committee meeting in person. All requests to offer comment must be submitted via phone by calling 714-990-7676 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org by 12:00 p.m. on Monday, February 27, 2023
PLEASE SILENCE ALL PAGERS, CELL PHONES AND OTHER ELECTRONIC EQUIPMENT WHILE THE COMMITTEE IS IN SESSION
CALL TO ORDER / ROLL CALL
Matters from the Audience
February 14, 2023 Finance Committee Regular Meeting Minutes
Approval of the Part-Time Employment and Benefits Policy
- Adopt the Resolution approving the Part-Time Employment and Benefits Policy.
Acceptance of the Brea Water Main Replacement Steele Drive Tract and Pleasant Hills Tract, Project Nos. 7453 and 7457
- Accept the Project as complete and authorize the City Clerk to record a Notice of Completion; Accept the Warranty Bond; and
Authorize the City Clerk to release the Payment and Performance Bond upon notification from the Public Works Department.
Authorize the Purchase of Playground Equipment for Arovista Park Modernization Project, CIP 7978
- Approve the purchase of playground equipment from seven different manufacturers for a total of $1,987,367.00; and Authorize the City Manager to issue a purchase order change notice in a not-to-exceed amount of five percent of the equipment purchase price.
Extension of Professional Services Agreement with Interwest Consulting Group, Inc.
- Approve one-year extension of Professional Services Agreement with lnterwest Consulting Group, Inc. in the amount not-to-exceed $150,000 per year.
Professional Services Agreement with Westberg White Architecture for Brea Senior Center Feasibility Study
- Approve the Professional Services Agreement in an amount not-to-exceed $75,000.
Traffic Improvements at the Intersection of Puente Street and Northwood Avenue
- Approve Conceptual Signing and Striping Improvement Plan for the intersection of Puente Street and Northwood Avenue; and Direct the City Engineer to implement said improvements.
Purchase of New Fire Apparatus
- Appropriate $219,408.15 from the General Fund and authorize the purchase of one (1) ladder/tiller truck for $1,950,408.63.
Purchasing System Update – Receive Update and Consider Revisions to the City’s Purchasing Policy Limits
- Receive the update and recommend the City Council consider adoption of Resolution No. 2023-0XX designating Purchasing Policy Limits and the Local Vendor Preference Amount for the City’s Purchasing System.
Schedule Next Meeting:
Tuesday, March 14, 2023
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the Administrative Services administrative office at (714) 990-7676. Notification 48 hours prior to the meeting will enable City staff to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility. (28 CFR 220.127.116.11 ADA Title II)
AgendaQuick©2005 - 2023 Destiny Software Inc., All Rights Reserved