Download PDF Packet
City Council Meeting
Tuesday, March 7, 2023
6:15 p.m. - Study Session
7:00 p.m. - General Session
, Mayor Pro Tem
, Council Member
, Council Member
, Council Member
This agenda contains a brief general description of each item Council will consider. The City Clerk has on file copies of written documentation relating to each item of business on this Agenda available for public inspection. Contact the City Clerk’s Office at (714) 990-7756 or view the Agenda and related materials on the City’s website at
. Materials related to an item on this agenda submitted to the Council after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection in the City Clerk’s Office at 1 Civic Center Circle, Brea, CA during normal business hours. Such documents may also be available on the City’s website subject to staff’s ability to post documents before the meeting.
Procedures for Addressing the Council
The Council encourages interested people to address this legislative body by making a brief presentation on a public hearing item when the Mayor calls the item or address other items under Matters from the Audience.
State Law prohibits the City Council from responding to or acting upon matters not listed on this agenda.
The Council encourages free expression of all points of view. To allow all persons the opportunity to speak, please keep your remarks brief. If others have already expressed your position, you may simply indicate that you agree with a previous speaker. If appropriate, a spokesperson may present the views of your entire group. Council rules prohibit clapping, booing or shouts of approval or disagreement from the audience. Please silence all cell phones and other electronic equipment while the Council is in session. Thank you.
Written comments may be submitted in advance of the meeting by emailing email@example.com. Written comments received by 3 p.m. on the day of the meeting will be provided to the Council, will be made available to the public at the meeting, and will be included in the official record of the meeting.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the City Clerk’s Office at (714) 990-7757. Notification 48 hours prior to the meeting will enable City staff to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility. (28 CFR 188.8.131.52 ADA Title II)
The City of Brea shows both live broadcasts and replays of City Council Meetings on Brea Cable Channel 3 and over the Internet at
. Your attendance at this public meeting may result in the recording and broadcast of your image and/or voice as previously described.
6:15 p.m. - Executive Conference Room
CALL TO ORDER / ROLL CALL - COUNCIL
Clarify Regular Meeting Topics
Brea War Memorial Name Change Discussion
Brea Canyon Widening Project
Council Member Report/Requests
7:00 p.m. - Council Chamber
CALL TO ORDER/ ROLL CALL - COUNCIL
Pledge of Allegiance: Boy Scout Troop 707
Invocation: Pastor Dan Crane, Formation Church
Presentation: Parks, Recreation and Human Services and Cultural Art Commission Goals and Accomplishments
Report - Prior Study Session
Matters from the Audience
Response to Public Inquiries - Mayor / City Manager
The City Council/Successor Agency approves all Consent Calendar matters with one motion unless Council/Agency or Staff requests further discussion of a particular item. Items of concern regarding Consent Calendar matters should be presented during “Matters from the Audience."
CITY COUNCIL - CONSENT
February 21, 2023 City Council Regular Meeting Minutes
Encroachment License and Public Use Easement Agreement for Private Development at the Northwest Corner of State College Boulevard and Birch Street
- Accept and authorize the City Clerk to record the Encroachment License and Public Use Easement Agreement. There is no fiscal impact to the General Fund.
Acceptance of the Brea Water Main Replacement Steele Drive Tract and Pleasant Hills Tract, Project Nos. 7453 and 7457
- Accept the Project as complete and authorize the City Clerk to record a Notice of Completion; Accept the Warranty Bond; and Authorize the City Clerk to release the Payment and Performance Bond upon notification from the Public Works Department.
Purchase of New Fire Apparatus
- Appropriate $891,745.27 from General Fund and authorize the purchase of one (1) ladder/tiller truck for $1,988,161.755. The cost of one ladder/tiller truck is $1,988,161.75. An appropriation of $891,745.27 is required to cover the shortfall. By purchasing this apparatus now and taking advantage of a prepayment discount, the City can save approximately $130,000. The fiscal impact will be to the General Fund.
Authorize the Purchase of Playground Equipment for Arovista Park Modernization Project, CIP 7978
- Approve the purchase of playground equipment from seven different manufacturers for a total of $1,987,367.00; and Authorize the City Manager to issue a purchase order change notice in a not-to-exceed amount of five percent of the equipment purchase price. Funding is available in the CIP Budget.
Traffic Improvements at the Intersection of Puente Street and Northwood Avenue
- Approve Conceptual Signing and Striping Improvement Plan for the intersection of Puente Street and Northwood Avenue; and Direct the City Engineer to implement said improvements. Sufficient funds are available within the Department of Public Works operational budget for installing the traffic improvements.
Extension of Professional Services Agreement with Interwest Consulting Group, Inc.
- Approve one-year extension of Professional Services Agreement with Interwest Consulting Group, Inc. in the amount not-to-exceed $150,000 per year. There will be no impact to the General Fund. Consultant fees are paid from corresponding CIP project accounts and/or Cost Center accounts.
Purchasing System Update – Receive Update and Consider Revisions to the City’s Purchasing Policy Limits
- Receive update and consider adoption of Resolution No. 2023-012 designating Purchasing Policy Limits and the Local Vendor Preference Amount for the City’s Purchasing System. There is no direct fiscal impact.
Professional Services Agreement with Westberg White Architecture for Brea Senior Center Feasibility Study
- Approve the Professional Services Agreement in an amount not-to-exceed $75,000. The Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funding received for this year is $75,000. The proposed lump-sum fee proposed by Westberg White Architecture falls under this amount, and staff is also requesting the additional $3,000 be used as potential contingency should any additional expenses arise. There is no General Fund impact, and there is no match requirement for the grant.
Approval of the Part-Time Employment and Benefits Policy
- Adopt Resolution No. 2023-013, approving the Part-Time Employment and Benefits Policy. The estimated fiscal impact of these increases is $128,024 which will be included in the budget for FY 2023-25.
Outgoing Payment Log and February 17 and 24, 2023 City Disbursement Registers
AgendaQuick©2005 - 2023 Destiny Software Inc., All Rights Reserved