Download PDF Packet
City Council and Successor Agency
to the Brea Redevelopment
Tuesday, August 15, 2023
5:30 p.m. - Closed Session
6:00 p.m. - Study Session
7:00 p.m. - General Session
, Mayor Pro Tem
, Council Member
, Council Member
, Council Member
This agenda contains a brief general description of each item Council will consider. The City Clerk has on file copies of written documentation relating to each item of business on this Agenda available for public inspection. Contact the City Clerk’s Office at (714) 990-7756 or view the Agenda and related materials on the City’s website at
. Materials related to an item on this agenda submitted to the Council after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection in the City Clerk’s Office at 1 Civic Center Circle, Brea, CA during normal business hours. Such documents may also be available on the City’s website subject to staff’s ability to post documents before the meeting.
Procedures for Addressing the Council
The Council encourages interested people to address this legislative body by making a brief presentation on a public hearing item when the Mayor calls the item or address other items under Matters from the Audience.
State Law prohibits the City Council from responding to or acting upon matters not listed on this agenda.
The Council encourages free expression of all points of view. To allow all persons the opportunity to speak, please keep your remarks brief. If others have already expressed your position, you may simply indicate that you agree with a previous speaker. If appropriate, a spokesperson may present the views of your entire group. Council rules prohibit clapping, booing or shouts of approval or disagreement from the audience. Please silence all cell phones and other electronic equipment while the Council is in session. Thank you.
Written comments may be submitted in advance of the meeting by emailing email@example.com. Written comments received by 3 p.m. on the day of the meeting will be provided to the Council, will be made available to the public at the meeting, and will be included in the official record of the meeting.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the City Clerk’s Office at (714) 990-7757. Notification 48 hours prior to the meeting will enable City staff to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility. (28 CFR 188.8.131.52 ADA Title II)
The City of Brea shows both live broadcasts and replays of City Council Meetings on Brea Cable Channel 3 and over the Internet at
. Your attendance at this public meeting may result in the recording and broadcast of your image and/or voice as previously described.
5:30 p.m. - Executive Conference Room
CALL TO ORDER / ROLL CALL - COUNCIL
Closed Session may convene to consider matters of purchase / sale of real property (G. C. §54956.8), pending litigation [G.C.§54956.9(d)(1)], potential litigation [G.C. §54956.9(d)(2)(3) or (4)], liability claims (G. C. §54961) or personnel items (G.C.§54957.6). Records not available for public inspection.
Conference with City's Labor Negotiator Pursuant to Government Code §54957.6
Regarding Brea Police Management Association (BPMA) - Chris Emeterio, Negotiator and Kristin Griffith, Negotiator
Conference with Legal Counsel Pursuant to Government Code Section 54956.9(d)(2) -
Anticipated Litigation. Significant Exposure to Litigation: 1 potential case. Facts and Circumstances: Brea Firefighters Association FLSA Matter
6:00 p.m. - Executive Conference Room
CALL TO ORDER / ROLL CALL - COUNCIL
Clarify Regular Meeting Topics
Consideration of recommendations for a Historic Preservation Pilot Program for Fiscal Years 2023-2024 and 2024-2025
Council Member Report/Requests
7:00 p.m. - Council Chamber
CALL TO ORDER/ ROLL CALL - COUNCIL
Pledge of Allegiance: Boy Scout Troop 723
Invocation: Pastor Pat Hauser, Christ Lutheran Church
Presentations: Visiting Delegation from Brea Sister City - Anseong, Korea
Report - Prior Study Session
Matters from the Audience
Response to Public Inquiries - Mayor / City Manager
This agenda category is for City Council consideration of a wide variety of topics related to the City's operations. Public comments regarding items in this section should be presented during "Matters from the Audience."
2023 Investment Advisory Committee (IAC) Annual Update Presentation and City Treasurer Presentation - Long-Term Debt Obligation Overview
- Receive and File.
The City Council/Successor Agency approves all Consent Calendar matters with one motion unless Council/Agency or Staff requests further discussion of a particular item. Items of concern regarding Consent Calendar matters should be presented during “Matters from the Audience."
CITY COUNCIL - CONSENT
July 18, 2023 City Council Regular Meeting Minutes
Adoption of Ordinance No. 1241 – Zoning Ordinance Text Amendment No. 2023-01 (Omnibus Zoning Code Update)
- Staff recommends that the City Council take the following action: Waive full reading and adopt Ordinance No. 1241 titled “An Ordinance of the City Council of the City of Brea Amending the Brea City Code by Adopting Zoning Ordinance Text Amendment ZOTA No. 2023-01 (Omnibus Zoning Code Update) and Approving a CEQA Exemption Determination”. The costs to process and implement the Project are included in the FY2023/2024 Community Development Department budget.
Adoption of Ordinance No. 1242 – Zoning Ordinance Text Amendment No. 2023-02 (Housing Element Implementation Program Code Update)
- Staff recommends that the City Council take the following action: Waive full reading and adopt Ordinance No. 1242 titled “An Ordinance of the City Council of the City of Brea Amending the Brea City Code by Adopting Zoning Ordinance Text Amendment ZOTA No. 2023-02 (Housing Element Program Implementation Code Update) and Approving a CEQA Exemption Determination”. The costs to process and implement the Project are included in the FY2023/2024 Community Development Department budget.
Adoption of Ordinance No. 1243, renewing Ordinance No.1227 and approving the Police Department's Military Equipment Use policy
- Adopt Ordinance No. 1243, titled "An Ordinance of the City of Brea Renewing Ordinance No. 1227 (Military Equipment Use Policy Approval)". There is no fiscal impact to the General Fund.
Maintenance Agreement with Sancon Technologies Inc. for Placement of Cured-in-Place Pipe (CIPP) and Manhole Rehabilitation
- Award contract to Sancon Technologies Inc. for Placement of Cured-in-Place Pipe (CIPP) and Manhole Rehabilitation at identified locations within the City of Brea for a period of one year, with the opportunity to renew the contract for four additional years, and Authorize the City manager to approve contract renewals. Public Works budgets $300,000 per year in CIP accounts Fund 510 for this work. There is no cost to the General Fund and no additional appropriation is needed.
Agreement for Production of Original Art Work with Carlos Terres for the Reproduction of the Centennial Door
Approve the Agreement for Production of Original Artwork with Carlos Terres for the Reproduction of the Centennial Door bronze sculpture; and 2) Appropriate $85,000 from the Fixed Asset Replacement Fund (182) for the purchase of the sculpture.The cost of this purchase is $85,000. There is funding available in the Fixed Asset Replacement Fund (182) and staff is recommending to appropriate funding and authorize this contract.
Dispatch Services – La Habra Police Department
- Approve the Memorandum of Understanding between the City of Brea and the City of La Habra to assist with dispatch services and the training of La Habra Police Dispatchers. There is no fiscal impact to the General Fund.
Investment Policy Guidelines for the City of Brea's Employee Benefits Fund Pension Plan
- Review and approve the Investment Policy Guidelines for the City of Brea's Employee Benefits Fund Pension Plan through Public Agencies Retirement Services (PARS). There is no fiscal impact to the General Fund.
Investment Policy Guidelines for the City of Brea's Other Post Employments Benefits (OPEB) Trust Fund
- Review and approve the Investment Guidelines for the City's Other Post Employment Benefits (OPEB) Trust Fund through Public Agency Retirement Services (PARS). There is no fiscal impact to the General Fund.
Outgoing Payment Log and July 14, 21 & 28 and August 4, 2023, City Disbursement Registers -
Receive and File.
CITY/ SUCCESSOR AGENCY - CONSENT
Statement of Investment Policy for the City/Brea Successor Agency to the Brea Redevelopment Agency
- Review and approve the City of Brea/Successor Agency to the Brea Redevelopment Agency Statement of Investment Policy. There is no fiscal impact to the General Fund.
AgendaQuick©2005 - 2023 Destiny Software Inc., All Rights Reserved