Download PDF Packet
Tuesday, September 13, 2022
Executive Conference Room and via Zoom
Brea Civic & Cultural Center
Council Member Christine Marick and Council Member Marty Simonoff
Mayor Cecilia Hupp
The Finance Committee meeting will be held on
September 13, 2022
at 8:30 a.m. and the public is welcome to participate. To provide comments in person, the Executive Conference Room will be open to a limited number of members from the public. To provide comments by teleconference (Zoom), members of the public must contact City Staff at (714) 990-7676 or email@example.com no later than 12:00 p.m. Monday, September 12, 2022 to obtain the Zoom information. Participants will be muted until recognized at the appropriate time by the Committee. Written comments may be sent to the Administrative Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 12:00 p.m. on Monday, September 12, 2022. Any comments received via email will be summarized aloud into record at the meeting.
The Finance Committee agenda packet can be viewed on the City of Brea website at:
Hard copies of the agenda packet are available via USPS with proper notice by calling (714) 990-7676. Materials related to an item on the agenda submitted to the Finance Committee after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection during normal business hours in the Administrative Services Department located on the third floor of the Civic & Cultural Center at 1 Civic Center Circle, Brea, CA 92821. Such documents may also be available on the City's website subject to staff's ability to post documents before the meeting.
CALL TO ORDER / ROLL CALL
Matters from the Audience
August 9, 2022 Finance Committee Regular Meeting Minutes
Approve Purchase of Utility Poles for Safety Netting at Brea Creek Golf Course, CIP 7978
- Approve purchase of nine utility poles from Stella Jones in the amount of $40,901.73.
Appropriate Funds and Award Contract for Janitorial Services at City Park Restrooms
- Appropriate $107,700 to amend the City’s General Fund (110) Operating Budget for Fiscal Year 2022-23 for Janitorial Services at park restrooms; Award Contract to K-Pro Stone Care in the amount of $148,500 for Janitorial Services at City park restrooms and as-needed trash removal; and
Authorize the City Manager to approve Agreement and future extensions
Award the Berry Street Sidewalk Project, CIP Project No. 7324
- Approve the Plans and Specifications; Receive bids; Award Contract to the lowest responsive and responsible bidder, Towo Enterprise, Inc. in the amount of $370,846.25; and Authorize the City Engineer to issue Change Orders up to a "not-to-exceed" amount of 15% of the Contract Price.
Award the Country Hills Subdivision Pavement and Water Improvements, Phase 2, CIP Project No. 7322
- Approve the Plans and Specifications; Receive bids; Award Contract to the lowest responsive and responsible bidder, Gentry Brothers, Inc. in the amount of $2,125,523.60; and Authorize the City Engineer to issue Change Orders up to a "not to exceed" amount of 10% of the Contract Price.
Consideration of Parking Agreement at 220 S. Orange Avenue with Brea Olinda Unified School District (BOUSD)
- Staff recommends that the Finance Committee recommend the City Council take the following actions: Provide direction on the terms and conditions for the proposed parking agreement between the City of Brea and the Brea Olinda Unified School District (BOUSD) located at 220 S. Orange Avenue. Authorize the Community Development Director, or his designee, to execute, administer, and take the necessary actions to implement an agreement with BOUSD for the use of the parking lot located at 220 S. Orange Avenue.
Amendment No. 2 with PeopleSpace for Civic & Cultural Center 3rd Floor Redesign and Furniture Purchase
- Approve Amendment No. 2 with PeopleSpace in an amount not-to-exceed $250,000 - 265,000 (
) resulting in a total contract not-to-exceed $754,000 - 769,000 (
); and Authorize Public Works Director to approve change orders up to 5% of the not-to-exceed amount; and Appropriate up to $15,000 from the Fixed Asset Replacement Fund (182) to the Capital Improvement Program CIP Budget to complete the project.
Approve an Extension to the Professional Services Agreement for Investment Advisory Services with Chandler Asset Management
- City staff recommends the Finance Committee to approve an extension with Chandler Asset Management to perform investment advisory services through December 31, 2023. In addition, authorize the City Manager to execute the contract amendment.
Schedule Next Meeting: Tuesday, September 27, 2022
Mayor Pro Tem Glenn Parker and Council Member Steven Vargas
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the City Clerk’s Office at (714) 990-7757. Notification 48 hours prior to the meeting will enable City staff to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility. (28 CFR 22.214.171.124 ADA Title II)
AgendaQuick©2005 - 2022 Destiny Software Inc., All Rights Reserved